Reflective Post 3

Online Learning Experience

“GeeksforGeeks” and “Python” are two websites that I often use.(Links below) “GeeksforGeeks” is a social learning community and “Python” is an open educational resource. I usually use them together. I usually use “Python” to find the formula or code that I may use. Then I will search them in “GeeksforGeeks” to see if I can find some examples. For example, I want to use the regular expression, re.match(). I can find that re.match() is under the re.compile() and used to compare a pattern with a string. Also, re.search() is under the same class and does the same thing. Then, I search the difference between match and search in “GeeksforGeeks”. I can find a brief description that both return first match of a substring found in the string, but re.match() searches only in the first line of the string and return match object if found, else return none. But if a match of substring is found in some other line other than the first line of string, it returns none. While re.search() searches for the whole string even if the string contains multi-lines and tries to find a match of the substring in all the lines of string.

Link: “GeeksforGeeks” https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/

“Python” https://www.python.org/

Week 6 Reading “Chapter 5: Effective Practices” and Week 8 Reading “7.1 Choosing technologies for teaching and learning: the challenge”

There are many types of communication interactions. Personally, I prefer the face-to-face (student-teacher & student-student) because I can ask questions when I don’t understand the content. When I do the online learning or attend the online class, the teacher will not answer the questions immediately. But online learning is better for free learning. I can read the material or watch the video at any time. It is better for the busy people. With the technology support, the learning can be more efficient. For example, AI is a good support for learning and teaching. AI has a better performance in data analysis. So, I believe that teachers can know students’ level more clearly with the AI support. Students can use AI to analyze their grade to see the efficiency of learning.